Arroz con Pollo, simple and satisfying!
Total Number of Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
4 bone-in chicken breasts
1 tsp ground black pepper
½ cup onion, diced
½ cup green pepper, diced
½ cup red pepper, diced
2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups low-sodium tomato sauce
¼ cup lime juice
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. turmeric
1 Tbsp. oregano
2 cup brown rice
1 package mixed vegetables
1. Add chicken breasts to a pan on the stovetop and cook over medium high heat for about 4 minutes per side, just long enough to brown the outside.
2. Transfer chicken to your slow cooker and add remaining ingredients.
3. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
A delicious flavor departure from your customary shrimp and cocktail sauce.
Total Number of Servings: 6
Serving Size: approximately ½ cup
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, finely chopped
½ cup white wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
1 ½ pound shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 6 hours. Drain and discard the marinade. Serve cold.
Summer is a great time to throw all kinds of things on the grill! Never tried grilled avocado? Give it a whirl!
1. Cut avocados in half and remove pits.
2. Brush each half with a good dose of olive oil.
3. Place on grill face down (inside of avocado toward the heat, leave the skin on and facing up).
4. Grill for about 5 minutes at medium high heat.
5. Remove from grill, scoop out the avocado, add salt.
*Can be enjoyed all by itself, on top of bread, with eggs, on a salad, anywhere really!
A flavorful twist on traditional coleslaw.
Total Number of Servings- 6-8
Serving Size: ½-1 c
Prep: 15 min.
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 chopped garlic cloves
1 tbsp. Sriracha chili sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
3 carrots, peeled and shredded
1 medium head green cabbage, shredded
1 bell pepper sliced thin
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper
Combine lime juice, cumin, garlic cloves, chili sauce, olive oil in bowel then toss in all vegetables, herbs and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Add kick to your average burger. Serve bunless alongside a salad or grilled vegetables to avoid processed flours and excessive starch.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Total time: 30 min.
1 chipotle pepper finely chopped
1/4 cup chipotle sauce from can
3 tbsp. Minced Garlic, divided
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp. of each… garlic powder, onion powder, and crushed black pepper
2 lbs. ground beef (80% lean)
1 tsp. Olive oil
6 slices cheddar cheese
6 1/4 inch-slices red onions
6 1/2 inch-slices tomatoes
6 lettuce Romaine lettuce leaves
1. In medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, 1 tbsp. chipotle sauce, 1 tsp. garlic, cilantro and seasonings; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In large bowl, gently mix together beef, chopped chipotle, 3 tbsp. chipotle sauce, remaining garlic and adobo until combined. Divide meat into 6 portions; form into 1″-thick patties. (Take care not to over-handle meat or else it will toughen).
3. Prepare grill to medium-high heat, grease with oil (or heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat). Cook burgers, flipping once, until charred and cooked to desired doneness (about 12 minutes total for medium rare). Add cheese to patties about 5 minutes before taking them off grill.
4. To assemble, divide patties evenly among bottom buns; top with onion slice, tomato slice, and lettuce.