Butternut Squash Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 package chopped onions 8 oz.
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 ½ pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
6 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add squash, broth, curry powder, and salt and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until squash is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, stir in honey and yogurt and puree with a mixer or blender until smooth.
Haven't tried our mouthwatering gourmet food, yet? CLICK HERE to get a FREE SAMPLE. To stay up to date with the latest articles and tips from Blue Ribbon Foods, please connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!