Chicken Mexican Soup
1 lb. Blue Ribbon Foods boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1 Tbsp organic coconut oil
1 Tbsp butter
8oz. Blue Ribbon Foods chopped/diced onion
8oz. of Blue Ribbon Foods carrots, diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained,
1 cup cooked pinto beans, rinsed and drained,
1 can stewed tomatoes with jalapenos (reserve the liquid)
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1½ cups organic tomato or vegetable juice
1. Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet; sauté chicken until meat is no longer pink.
2. Heat butter in medium pot and sauté onion and carrot for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic and squash. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken when done. Add black and pinto beans, stewed tomatoes with their liquid, oregano and basil to other ingredients. Pour in juice and ½ cup water.
5. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Season to taste with pepper.Soup can be made ahead and refrigerated up to 2 days.
Haven't tried our mouthwatering gourmet food, yet? CLICK HERE to get a FREE SAMPLE. To stay up to date with the latest articles and tips from Blue Ribbon Foods, please connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!