Gluten-Free Chicken Marsala
1½ lbs Blue Ribbon Foods chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into cubes and pounded thin
Sea salt and ground black pepper
½ cup all-purpose gluten free flour
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or butter
1 shallot or small onion, finely chopped
½ lb portabella mushrooms, sliced
½ cup dry Marsala
½ cup organic/all natural chicken stock
1 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
1. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Dust lightly with GF flour.
2. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet then brown chicken (about two minutes on each side). Cook chicken in batches so pan is not over crowded. As chicken is browned, remove to a platter.
3. For sauce, return skillet to heat. Add shallots and mushrooms. Add more oil, if necessary. Cook until any liquid (from mushrooms) in pan evaporates.
4. Add Marsala, then bring to a boil. Scrape off any bits of chicken or solidified juices stuck to bottom of the pan and mix into the sauce. Add stock and continue to cook until reduced by about half.
5. Return chicken to skillet and heat thoroughly. Garnish with parsley.
Haven't tried our mouthwatering gourmet food, yet? CLICK HERE to get a FREE SAMPLE. To stay up to date with the latest articles and tips from Blue Ribbon Foods, please connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!