Homemade Creme Filled Chocolate Eggs
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1 ½ tsp coconut oil
1 egg white
¼ cup raw honey
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1. Put your honey in a small pot over medium low heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Add in the vanilla extract and the pinch of sea salt. Stir until combined.
2. Whip your egg white with a hand or stand mixer until peaks form. Once peaks form, slowly drizzle the honey mixture in the egg whites while the mixer is still whipping. Keep whipping until all the honey is blended and the mixture is very creamy. Set aside.
3. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and coconut oil until chocolate is melted and smooth.
4. Using a small spoon, spoon your chocolate in the egg mold. Once all the eggs are covered in chocolate, stick the mold in the freezer for 5 minutes. Take it back out and "paint" the mold again with the chocolate. Stick in the freezer for another 5 minutes.
5. Take it back out and fill the chocolates with the egg white/honey mixture. If you have leftover chocolate, drizzle some around all the edges of the chocolate eggs so they will mold together easier. Fold the molds together and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
6. Store in either the fridge or freezer.
Haven't tried our mouthwatering gourmet food, yet? CLICK HERE to get a FREE SAMPLE. To stay up to date with the latest articles and tips from Blue Ribbon Foods, please connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!