Orange Glazed Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Hash
1 ½ tbsp olive oil, divided
2- 6oz boneless skinless Blue Ribbon Foods pork chops, about 1/3 lb each
½ c 100% orange juice
2 tbsp black strap molasses
1 tbsp dried or fresh basil
1 large sweet potato, cubed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp allspice
Drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ white onion, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place pork chops in a freezer bag with 1/2 of the orange juice, molasses, basil and a dash of salt and pepper. Shake well to evenly coat pork chops. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
3. Heat 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.4. While the skillet is heating, toss the sweet potatoes in a large bowl with remaining orange juice, olive oil, cinnamon, garlic, allspice, honey and a dash of salt and pepper.
5. When skillet is hot, throw in onions and sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 10-12 minutes, until softened.
6. Push sweet potatoes and onions to the outer edge of the skillet and place the pork chops in the middle of the skillet. Sear the pork chops for about four minutes, flipping after two minutes, reserving the marinating juices in the bag.
7. Add the marinating juices to the skillet and carefully transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender and pork chops are cooked through. YUM!
Haven't tried our mouthwatering gourmet food, yet? CLICK HERE to get a FREE SAMPLE. To stay up to date with the latest articles and tips from Blue Ribbon Foods, please connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!