Pan Fried Cauliflower
Ingredients:16oz Blue Ribbon Foods cauliflower
1 cup gluten free flour
2/3 cup toasted panko gluten free bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon paprika
toasted sesame seeds
1. Slice thawed or fresh cauliflower in half creating a flat surface, so it will cook evenly in the pan.
2. Set the slices (and any leftover trimmed pieces)--don't crowd the pan, this step might need to be done in stages-- in a large (10 to 12 inch) skillet over medium heat and pour in 1/4 inch of water.
3. Bring the water to a simmer, reduce the heat, cover the pot, and allow the cauliflower to steam until it is just fork tender, roughly 5 minutes. Be careful not to over-cook the cauliflower. Repeat until all of the cauliflower has been steamed.
4. Transfer the cauliflower and pieces to a plate. Allow them to cool completely, then season them with salt and pepper.
5. Whisk together the eggs and set aside. Combine the flour, panko, and paprika on a separate bowl for breading. Season flour mixture with salt and pepper.
6. Dip the cauliflower in egg on both sides, then coat in the flour mixture. Be sure to cover the cauliflower as completely as possible.
7. Dry the same skillet, and return it to medium-high heat and pour in thin layer of oil. Once the oil starts to shimmer, gently add the breaded cauliflower steaks. Fry until they are golden brown and crisp, roughly 2 minutes. Flip and repeat. Transfer them to the rack, and sprinkle immediately with salt and toasted sesame seeds.
8. Since you will have to do the frying in batches, drain and replace the frying oil as necessary.
9. Serve the fried cauliflower on a large platter. Just before serving, drizzle the cauliflower lightly (using a spoon) with honey. Serve with a side of hot sauce for dipping.
Haven't tried our mouthwatering gourmet food, yet? CLICK HERE to get a FREE SAMPLE. To stay up to date with the latest articles and tips from Blue Ribbon Foods, please connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!