Salmon with Lentils
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 ½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup green or brown lentils, rinsed
½ package Blue Ribbon Foods chopped onions 8 oz.
1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
¼ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
2 small white turnips, peeled and finely chopped
4 Blue Ribbon Foods Boneless Salmon Filet 6 oz.
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 30 seconds.
2. Add broth, lentils, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until the lentils are tender, 25 minutes.
3. Add carrots and turnips; simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes more.
4. Add more broth if necessary; the mixture should be slightly soupy.
5. Lay salmon fillets on top, cover the pan and cook until the salmon is opaque in the center, 8 to 10 minutes.
Haven't tried our mouthwatering gourmet food, yet? CLICK HERE to get a FREE SAMPLE. To stay up to date with the latest articles and tips from Blue Ribbon Foods, please connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!