Southwest Quinoa Casserole
* cut recipe in 1/2 if you are only serving 2-3 people, and use a 8×8 " pan
1 onion chopped
1 poblano chili pepper or 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped and seeded
1 can organic corn
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup gluten free flour
2 cups unsweet coconut or almond milk
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp Hungarian paprika
1 tsp cumin
dash of chipotle chili powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 can organic black beans
1. Pre-heat oven 350, coat 9×13 pan with oil.
2. Sauté onion, peppers, and corn in skillet for 10-15 min. with olive oil.
3. In sauce pan melt butter, flour, add spices, milk and cheese until thick.
4. Place quinoa and black beans in bowl, add vegetables, and sauce, combine and add to 9×13 pan.
5. Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes until top is lightly brown.
Haven't tried our mouthwatering gourmet food, yet? CLICK HERE to get a FREE SAMPLE. To stay up to date with the latest articles and tips from Blue Ribbon Foods, please connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!