Turkey and Quinoa Meatloaf
1/4 cup quinoa
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 package Blue Ribbon Foods chopped onion 8 oz.
1 large clove garlic, chopped
1 pkg. Blue Ribbon Foods Ground Turkey 1 lb.
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2 organic eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. water
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute; remove from heat to cool.
- Stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, onions, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. The mixture will be very moist.
- Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Combine the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Rub the paste over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F. Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Haven't tried our mouthwatering gourmet food, yet? CLICK HERE to get a FREE SAMPLE. To stay up to date with the latest articles and tips from Blue Ribbon Foods, please connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!