Super easy to prepare and packed with protein!
Total Number of Servings: 4
Serving Size: approximately 1 cup
¾ lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 medium tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
½ C chopped onion
½ tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp olive oil
2½ tsp cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2½ C cooked quinoa
1. Toss the shrimp and 1 tsp Cajun seasoning together, set aside.
2. Toss the tomatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, set aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet (or any oven-safe skillet.) 4. Cook the shrimp until opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan along with the onion, jalapeno and garlic. Cook until the onion and jalapeno are tender, stirring often. Mix in the quinoa, tomato paste, ½ tsp Cajun seasoning and tomato. Top with the shrimp.
6. Place in the oven and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.